Out of sight but not out of mind.
We're able to lend to UK nationals working abroad, along with UK nationals and foreign nationals working in the UK but paid in a foreign currency.
At Family Building Society we offer a range of expat mortgages in over 40 countries, including most European countries and a number of Gulf States.
We offer Expat mortgages for both Owner Occupier and Buy to Let.
Our individual approach to underwriting for expats:
- Expat mortgages are available on an Interest-Only basis for properties located in England or Wales
- Available for Owner Occupier and Buy to Let, subject to certain conditions
- We lend to UK nationals working abroad with families remaining in the UK and UK nationals working in the UK but paid in a foreign currency
- Your client must be able to provide satisfactory evidence of identity and hold a UK bank account
- No minimum income for Buy to Let applications and no portfolio limits
- Full conditions are available on request
We can accept applications from Expats working in the following countries:
|Czech Republic||Israel||New Zealand||Sweden|
|Finland||Latvia||Portugal||United States of America|
1 Mayotta, New Caledonia, French Polynesia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, and Wallis and Futuna
2 Aruba, Curaçao, St Maarten, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba
3 UK Crown Dependencies and Gibraltar
A note for our packager partners
In addition, the Society has agreed a policy through our packager partners for lending to expats in Bahrain, China, India, Kuwait, Monaco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and the United Arab Emirates but will be subject to stricter requirements including:
- UK applicants must have a UK bank account from which the direct debit is set up to pay the mortgage repayments. If this is a Buy to Let application, this must be the same bank account into which the tenant's rental payments are paid.
- Any deposit monies are paid from or evidenced as held within a UK bank account
- Applicants must be working for recognised large organisations that have a UK presence
Contact Us For more information contact your local Business Development Manager or our Mortgage Desk