Out of sight but not out of mind.
We're able to lend to UK nationals working abroad, along with UK nationals and foreign nationals working in the UK but paid in a foreign currency.
At Family Building Society we offer a range of expat mortgages in over 40 countries, including most European countries and a number of Gulf States.
We offer Expat mortgages for both Owner Occupier and Buy to Let.
Our individual approach to underwriting for expats:
- Expat mortgages are available on an Interest-Only basis for properties located in England or Wales
- Available for Owner Occupier and Buy to Let, subject to certain conditions
- We lend to UK nationals working abroad with families remaining in the UK and UK nationals working in the UK but paid in a foreign currency
- Your client must be able to provide satisfactory evidence of identity and hold a UK bank account from which the direct debit is set up to pay us the mortgage repayments. For Buy to Let applications, this must be the same bank account into which the tenant's rental payments are paid
- No minimum income for Buy to Let applications and no portfolio limits
- Full conditions are available on request
We can accept applications from Expats working in the following countries:
|Austria||Greece|| Luxembourg|| Slovenia|
|Belgium||Hong Kong||Malaysia||South Korea|
|Cyprus|| Ireland||New Zealand||Sweden|
|Czech Republic|| Israel||Norway||Switzerland|
| Denmark|| Italy||Poland||United Kingdom3|
| Estonia|| Japan||Portugal||United States of America|
| Finland||Latvia|| Romania|
| Germany||Lithuania||Slovak Republic|
1 Mayotta, New Caledonia, French Polynesia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, and Wallis and Futuna
2 Aruba, Curaçao, St Maarten, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba
3 UK Crown Dependencies
Lending through our packager partners
In addition, the Society has agreed a policy through our packager partners for lending to expats in Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar and Saudi Arabia on an exceptional basis.
- Any deposit monies are paid from or evidenced as held within a UK bank account
- Applicants must be working for a recognised large organisation that has a UK presence.
Contact Us For more information contact your local Business Development Manager or our Mortgage Desk