Out of sight but not out of mind.
We're able to lend to UK nationals working abroad, along with UK nationals and foreign nationals working in the UK but paid in a foreign currency.
We offer Expat mortgages for both Owner Occupier and Buy to Let.
Our individual approach to underwriting for expats:
- Expat mortgages are available on an Interest-Only basis for properties located in England or Wales
- Available for Owner Occupier and Buy to Let, subject to certain conditions
- Your client must be able to provide satisfactory evidence of identity and hold a UK bank account
- Full conditions are available on request
We can accept applications from Expats working in the following countries:
|Czech Republic||New Zealand|
|Japan||United Arab Emirates|
|Liechtenstein||United States of America|
1 Mayotta, New Caledonia, French Polynesia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, and Wallis and Futuna
2 Aruba, Curaçao, St Maarten, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba
3 UK Crown Dependencies and Gibraltar
A note for our packager partners
In addition, the Society has agreed a policy through our packager partners for lending to expats in Bahrain, China, India, Kuwait, Monaco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and South Africa but will be subject to stricter requirements including:
- UK applicants must have a UK bank account from which the direct debit is set up to pay the mortgage repayments. If this is a Buy to Let application, this must be the same bank account into which the tenant's rental payments are paid.
- Any deposit monies are paid from or evidenced as held within a UK bank account
- Applicants must be working for recognised large organisations that have a UK presence
Please contact our Mortgage Desk for more information.
Ready to submit an application?
- Owner Occupier mortgage application form
- Buy to Let Offset mortgage application form
- Owner occupier minimum documents required checklist
- Buy to Let minimum document required checklist