Out of sight but not out of mind.
We're able to lend to UK nationals working abroad, along with UK nationals and foreign nationals working in the UK but paid in a foreign currency.
We offer Expat mortgages for both Owner Occupier and Buy to Let.
Our individual approach to underwriting for expats:
- Expat mortgages are available on an Interest-Only basis for properties located in England or Wales
- Available for Owner Occupier and Buy to Let, subject to certain conditions (available on request)
- We're able to lend to UK nationals working abroad with families remaining in the UK
- Your client must be able to provide satisfactory evidence of identity, proof of income and hold a UK bank account
- Minimum loan amount: £100,000
- Full conditions are available on request
We can accept applications from Expats working in the following countries:
|Czech Republic||New Zealand|
|Latvia||United State of America|
1 The Netherlands, Aruba, Curacao and St Maarten
2 UK Crown Dependencies and Gibraltar
A note for our packager partners
In addition, the Society has agreed a policy through our packager partners for lending to expats in China, India, Monaco, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and United Arab Emirates on an exceptional basis, but will be subject to stricter requirements including:
- The monthly mortgage payments should be made from a UK bank account from where any rental payments are received
- Any deposit monies are paid from or evidenced as held within a UK bank account
- Applicants must be working for recognised large organisations that have a UK presence
Please contact our Mortgage Desk for more information
Ready to submit an application?
- Owner Occupier mortgage application form
- Buy to Let Offset mortgage application form
- Owner occupier minimum documents required checklist
- Buy to Let minimum document required checklist