2.84% 2 year discounted rate by 1.65% Offset mortgage - XO0035
Our Offset mortgage is aimed at people wanting to make better use of their savings whilst keeping their money available for other purposes. It is available for property purchase or remortgage and can also be used by the self-employed and first time buyers and other borrowers whose family members wish to help them reduce the cost of owning their home.
- Purpose - Offset applications for purchase, remortgage, product switch and further advance
- Options available - Term reduction or payment reduction
- Discount - 1.65% applied to our Flexi Managed Mortgage Rate for 2 years
- Minimum rate - 2.74%
- LTV - Maximum 60%
- *Application Fee - £175 + Valuation Fee. See more details, fees & downloads for product switch and further advance fees.
- Valuation Fees - Free for properties up to £500,000. For properties above £500,000 the standard valuation fee scale applies, less £330 discount. See more details, fees & downloads for product switch and further advance fees.
- ~Product Fee - £999 for loans up to £500,000. For loans above £500,000 0.3% of the loan amount. See more details, fees & downloads for product switch and further advance fees.
- ^Cashback - £500 for remortgage applications towards legal costs, and £100 for remortgage and purchase applications added to Offset Saver
- Early Repayment Charges - 2% in the first year, 1% in the second year
- Maximum loan - No maximum. Loans above £500,000 should be referred to us for specific agreement before submission of an application
- Minimum loan - £45,000 for purchase and remortgage. £2,000 for further advance. No minimum for product switches.
- Cost for comparison - 4.4% APRC
- Additional criteria - You are required to open an Offset Saver account in conjunction with this mortgage. On completion of the mortgage, a cashback amount will be used to open your linked Offset Saver account: £100 for remortgages and purchases
- Additional features - Overpayments and partial capital repayments allowed. Overpayments build up a credit position to be used for future underpayments, payment holidays and borrow back - allowed to the remaining value of previous overpayments with our prior agreement. 100% of the loan amount can be offset
- ID documents if the electronic check we carry out on all our applicants fails
- Three full months most recent consecutive bank statements for all current accounts, to evidence all income and outgoings
- Bank statements must show the applicant's name, account number, sort code & bank logo
Property or investment income applicant
- Two years most recent SA302s
- Three months most recent payslips
- Most recent P60
- Two years most recent accounts or two years most recent SA302s / Tax Calculations (100% Completed) or FBS Accountants Certificate
- Accountant’s details on the application form
Applicant is already retired or if the term goes beyond retirement or age 70
- Most recent Pension Statement or letter from Department for Work and Pensions
- Most recent annual Pension Statement
- Most recent P60
Applicant renting current home
- 12 months bank statements showing rent payments
Applicant already has a mortgage
- We require proof of mortgage payments. We carry out an electronic credit check on all applicants which usually confirms this. However if this fails, we will need proof. This can be provided from 12 months bank statements, the latest mortgage statements, or a combination. To speed up our underwriting, you can provide these on submission
Applicant has background BTL(s)
- Evidence of rent being paid in and mortgage being paid out (bank statements requested above may already cover this)
Applicants with purchase deposits
- Evidence of deposit in an account held by the applicant(s)
- For gifted deposits, we require evidence of the funds in a UK account and the giftors details (name, date of birth, relationship to applicants)
Purchase and remortgage fees
- *Application Fee - £175 + Valuation Fee.
- Valuation Fee - Free for properties up to £500,000. For properties over £500,000 the standard valuation fee scale applies, less £330 discount
- ~Product Fee - £999 for loans up to £500,000. For loans above £500,000 0.3% of loan amount.
Procuration fees for purchase and remortgage applications (gross fee paid)
- Directly authorised brokers submitting business to us directly - 0.50%, min £225.00
- Submitting a case via Mortgage Clubs - 0.52%, min £234.00 (Mortgage Clubs will deduct 0.02%)
Further advance fees
- *Application Fee - £125
- Valuation Fee - £0
- ~Product Fee - £0
- Legal Fees - £100 + disbursements
Procuration fees for further advances (gross fee paid)
- Directly authorised brokers submitting business to us directly - 0.25%, min £5.00
- Submitting a case via Mortgage Clubs - 0.27%, min £5.40 (Mortgage Clubs will deduct 0.02%)
Product switch fees
- No fees apply to switch to a new product with us on the same terms.
Procuration fees for product switches (gross fee paid)
- Directly authorised brokers submitting business to us directly - 0.20%, no min
- Submitting a case via Mortgage Clubs - 0.22%, no min (Mortgage Clubs will deduct 0.02%)
For further fee information click here
- Owner Occupier Core Purchase and Remortgage Product Summary Pack (M/200)
- Owner Occupier Existing Borrower Product Summary Pack (M/208)
- Owner Occupier Further Advance Product Summary Pack (M/238)
- FBS Owner Occupier Minimum Documents Required Checklist (M/260)
- FBS Offset Saver Application Form (S/052)
- FBS Offset Mortgage Application Form Pack
- FBS Offset Mortgage Brochure (M/125)
Can we help your client? Use our tool to find out.
Simply type your criteria to see our levels of acceptance and flexibility.
Find out how much your residential client may be able to borrow. To see affordability for a Buy to Let client, use our Buy to Let calculator